Friday, September 03, 2004

Flight Journey

I was leaving with mixed feelings - definitely sad because I was leaving home again, and also excited by the prospects that lay ahead. It also felt nice to be "On my own" again.

The journey was quite uneventful. Yet it was not boring. They had individual TV screens for everyseat with 16 channels. I watched Shrek2 and and another Jack Nicholson movie. When I reached London, the temperature there was 18 degrees. The airport is really really huge. It is almost like a bigger, more glamorous FORUM with the airport part of it just incidental. I spent time with Aditya and his friend. Also enjoyed observing people from around the globe who had gathered there.

After a long wait at London, I boarded the flight to Boston. Another boring journey. Saw Kill-Bill2 . Towards the end, I was getting butterflies in my stomach. I was anxious about customs, and also excited about finlly reaching my destination. My physical endurance was also reaching its limit. If I would have to take a 3rd domestic flight (as most ppl, who dont live close to an international airport do) I would surely be badly exhausted. 2 were enough !!

At Boston airport, nothing scary happened. No questions asked, I just breezed past customs. I had to wait for sometime for Arun to reach the airport.

I am finally in the United States of America

No comments: