Thursday, November 11, 2004

wow...its 3 degrees POSITIVE today

Just a week of cold, and I find myself undergoing a paradigm shift. My defintions of cold and pleasant have changed. I really surprised myself when I looked at weather.com,before leaving my office for home , and when I saw that its 3 degrees, I said to myself, "Wow ! Its pleasant outside today" . Soon I was wondering if it actually went down to 3 in Calcutta, what would the reaction of the city be. The baboo would be convinced that doomsday is here !

The last 2-3 days have been cold. The maimum has been 3-4 degrees and the minimum -4 or -5. And I have been working late at nights, so I invariably end up walking back home at around 3-4 am , when the cold is at its worst. Somehow, I actually enjoy it. Its a new experience. I am just waiting to see snow, and I realise that the wait isn't going to be too long. The past week though cold has been very clear, but by law of averages, it rains at least once a week, so maybe the next time when it gets overcast, it wont rain, but snow!

I also realise that this is Diwali time, but strangely I dont feel the need to be a part of the festivities. I think its good...otherwise I would end up feeling like shit. Whoever is reading this - wish you a happy Diwali.





No comments: